Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tomorrow you turn three...


Tonight I picked up the toys in your room and fought back tears at the same time. You will be three tomorrow. I am tired. Your dad and I ate at Tumbleweed the night before you were born. The spicy burrito was just what you needed to enter the world. Then you changed my world. You were tiny. Now you are a big guy. I know the times you curl up in my lap are numbered. I try to savor each time all the while wondering if it is the last. I am thankful I only remember the firsts and not the lasts. You still love trucks. Backhoes are your favorite. "A dragon" is your answer when I ask you what you want to be when you grow up. You love Blue's Clues and sing the songs with lots of emotion. Maaaailllll time!!! You love people. You don't have a lot of friends your age, but you know how to get along well with all ages. You still like riding your tractor in the back yard. Daisy is one of your best buddies. You are fascinated by all things, from the tiniest bug to every single plane that flies over head. You enjoy life. You love God. You talk to me about kids in this world not having homes and how we need to do something to help them. I pray you will one day. You have been an awesome big brother. You surprise me each time you want to hold Abe. I know we are all still adjusting. I am so thankful you are my son. I can't believe you are turning three. You sing, "God keeps me, God keeps me, in my Bible book it says that God keeps me." It is because of this I can rest. I know you are His. He loves you. Happy Birthday sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment